I (Mauro Morelli) run an Enterprise Architecture blog called www.alaraph.com with the intent to share my experience and provide a platform where practitioners can exchange ideas and advance the profession. Although I do my best to post content with accuracy and balance, I cannot be held responsible for errors, impecisions and consequences arising from application of my advice, or interpretations of my posts, papers, and contributions in general. I encourage open feedback and all opinions will be respected. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, things like spam, viruses, or hate content, are prohibited and I reserve the right to remove offending text in general.
alaraph.com by Mauro Morelli is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
For requests of permissions beyond the scope of this license, please contact Mauro using the contact form at: https://alaraph.com/contact-form/ .
If you find a site that you believe violates these terms and conditions, please contact me using the contact form at: https://alaraph.com/contact-form/ .
(Note, these Terms and Conditions are an adaptation of the Terms of Service available at WordPress.com. For this reason, I also make the below Terms and Conditions available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to adapt it, like I did, and repurpose it for your own use, just make sure to replace references to me with ones to you.)
Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the alaraph.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, blog posts, essays, polls, e-books, etc. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies (including, without limitation, all applicable legal prescriptions and obligations) and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Site (collectively, the “Agreement”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services.
- Your alaraph.com Account. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the Website. You must not post content which can offend other people, discriminate, or violate applicable law in general. You must immediately notify alaraph.com of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. alaraph.com will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your posts are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your posts are not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your acount userid, name and surname are not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own.
By submitting Content to alaraph.com, you grant alaraph.com a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting alaraph.com. If you delete Content, alaraph.com will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, alaraph.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in alaraph.com’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in alaraph.com’s reasonable opinion, violates any alaraph.com policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in alaraph.com’s sole discretion. alaraph.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. alaraph.com cannot be responsible for the use or effects or material posted by readers of the blog. By operating the Website, alaraph.com does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. alaraph.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which alaraph.com links, and that link to alaraph.com. alaraph.com does not have any control over those websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-alaraph.com website or webpage, alaraph.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. alaraph.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-alaraph.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As alaraph.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by alaraph.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify alaraph.com using the contact form available at: https://alaraph.com/contact-form/ . alaraph.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. alaraph.com will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of alaraph.com or others. In the case of such termination, alaraph.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to alaraph.com.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from alaraph.com to you any alaraph.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with alaraph.com. Trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any alaraph.com or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. alaraph.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. alaraph.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new services and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. alaraph.com may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your alaraph.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. alaraph.com and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither alaraph.com nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will alaraph.com, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data;
- General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless alaraph.com, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between alaraph.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of alaraph.com, or by the posting by alaraph.com of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Switzerland, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Lugano, Switzerland. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; alaraph.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
September 24, 2013: first version created.